Blueberry muffins are one of those comfort foods that never fail to bring a smile to my face. Not only are blueberries one of my all time favorite foods, but baked goods are one of my all time favorite things.
These oats and yogurt blueberry muffins are really wonderful. They are moist and light, yet pack a nutritional punch while keeping the calorie count low.
Here’s how to make them:
What you need:
- no-stick cooking spray
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats–quick or regular oats, plain
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Coat muffin tin with cooking spray or liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla in a second bowl.
- Fold yogurt mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine completely.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake until top is golden and springs back when you gently touch it, 20-25 minutes.
Recipe adapter from “Power Muffins”
Here’s how mine came out! Enjoy!